It looks like Summer is on its way! Fingers crossed the lovely weather stays and we can start justifying all of the Magnum’s we’re eating…
With the warmer days comes even more reason to protect your skin so we’ve got a round up of 5 easy tips for keeping your skin healthy this Summer.
- Sun screen – possibly the most obvious but by far the most important. You should use a sunscreen on your skin every day but even more so during the Summer. Whether you work indoors or out, a layer of sun screen will protect your skin from UV rays and there are some great products on the market that don’t feel heavy or leave your skin looking greasy. We recommend Epionce Active Shield lotion SPF30+ which is light, fast absorbing and fortified with antioxidants.
- Lip protection – as if we need an excuse to buy another lipstick? During the Summer months don’t forget our lips are delicate and burn so easily. No one wants to look like a Batfish so be sure to look for a lipstick or lip balm with an SPF of at least 15.
- Water – hydration is key all year round but during the Summer months, enjoying the sun can mean we end up feeling a little shrivelled. Be sure to drink plenty of water and snack on leafy greens, watermelon and berries to help you stay hydrated.
- Exfoliating – as much as we’d all love a daily facial, for most it is not feasible. However, you can have a mini pamper every day if you use the right products. A gentle, daily exfoliating routine is the next best thing (bar a personal beautician) for clearing away dead skin cells and cleaning your pores; ensuring bright, radiant and healthy Summer skin. We love the ZO Skin Health Offects Exfoliating Polish which contains ultra-fine magnesium crystals and added vitamins A, C & E.
- Go natural – if Summer days make you dread the thought of your normal make up routine, why not go natural? Going completely without make up can be a little daunting but a great breathable camouflage cream can cover up any blemishes, dark spots and troublesome areas effortlessly – leaving you looking natural and glowing. We use the Lycogel Breathable Camouflage SPF30 – available in 10 shades to suit your skin tone it will improve your skin whilst making you look flawless….and it’s water resistant! Pool party anyone?