What happens to lips as we get older?
Whilst lip size and shape are genetically determined, as we age, the decreased production of collagen and elastin molecules and naturally occurring Hyaluronic Acid causes lips to loose their volume and become thinner. This can start to happen as early as the late 20’s and 30’s!
Lifestyle factors can also play a part in ‘premature’ lip thinning, so:
- Avoid straws and puckering your lips
- Stay Hydrated
- Use oil based lip Products
- Don’t smoke
- Use a lip stick or lip product with an SPF
- Include plenty of protein, Vitamin C and Omega 3 fatty acids in your diet.
What else can we do?
Medical options include injectable lip fillers to replace and stimulate the lost Hyaluronic Acid. The new, advanced filler products are so soft and smooth and consist of natural Hyaluronic Acid and often Lidocaine anaesthetic which numbs the lips as it’s injected.
The Lip Rejuvenation Package: £250
Subtle re-definition of the vermillion border, or lip line, which can become almost non-existent as we get older.
Gentle plumping of the lip body with Hyaluronic Acid filler which adds both volume and moisture to the dehydrated tissues.
FREE Epionce Anti-Aging Lip Renewal Balm, worth £17, to help care for your new lips.
Lip Renewal is a powerful daily-use treatment formula designed for the unique lip area which includes:
- Anti-inflammatory barrier repair.
- Improved appearance of lip lines and wrinkles.
- Helps Increase hydration.
- Reveals soft supple lips.
You must be logged in to post a comment.